How Can I Get A Virtual UK Number For WhatsApp Verification?
Here’s exactly how to set up virtual UK phone numbers to use with WhatsApp Business – and why YourBusinessNumber offers the ideal solution.
Don't need an explanation? Then go ahead and buy one right now! (just £4.99/month +VAT)
Why should I buy a virtual UK number for WhatsApp?
What are the benefits of a UK virtual phone number? First, it looks more legitimate to have a UK number, particularly if you’re dealing with clients in the United Kingdom.
Secondly, you can install WhatsApp (using your personal number) and WhatsApp Business (using your virtual number) on the same phone, (learn more in our guide).
Secondly, most people are used to contacting mobile numbers on WhatsApp, so it will help to give that professional service from the very first time your potential customers get in contact.
Using a virtual whatsapp phone number also means that you can keep your real mobile number private. This has huge wellbeing benefits for all kinds of workers, from self-employed sole traders to employees, who are able to switch off at the end of the day without worrying about work-related interruptions.
You can also relax knowing that your professional and personal messages are now separate. That means no more accidental mix ups, sending messages intended for friends to your colleagues!
Another benefit is that you don’t need to pay for and manage multiple mobile devices and costly SIM plans in order to keep your work and personal communications separate.
Finally, a virtual UK WhatsApp number is cheap and convenient – not to mention easy to set up.
Why should I choose YourBusinessNumber for my Virtual WhatsApp number?
Great question! The reality is that very few suppliers currently offer a service similar to YourBusinessNumber.
With us, you can get a virtual UK mobile phone number to use for verification on any of the popular instant messaging apps, with no contract, and no specific phone number app installation required.
We provide your WhatsApp number for only £4.99pm + VAT, and you’re not tied into any particular contract, leaving you free to cancel whenever you like.
Other providers will require you to install a separate phone number app into your phone to access the service – but with YourBusinessNumber, you don’t have to worry about that. It couldn’t be easier.
Sounds great. So how can I buy a UK number for WhatsApp?
Ready to start? Let’s begin!
1. Install Dual WhatsApp Apps On Your Phone
The first step is WhatsApp registration.
You'll need to install and verify both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business on your phone.
The process is largely the same whether you have an Android device or iOS device. iOS users can download from the App Store, while Android users will need to use the Google Play Store.
Each WhatsApp app will require a separate number for verification purposes, so if you use your current mobile number for the WhatsApp Messenger app (for private use, contacting family and friends), you will need to use your new virtual phone number to create a new WhatsApp account for the Business app.
2. Buy A Cheap UK Virtual Number For WhatsApp Business
You can set up your new virtual number in just three clicks. Simply visit our Generate page and we will instantly create your own UK virtual number in minutes. It really is that easy!
3. Use your new virtual UK mobile number to verify WhatsApp
Once you have both phone numbers, you can complete the WhatsApp verification for both apps.
Use your real phone number for WhatsApp Messenger and your virtual UK number to verify your new account with WhatsApp Business.
WhatsApp will send an SMS verification code to confirm your Business account, and once you receive it using the virtual phone number (or virtual numbers) you can complete verification.
Learn more in our guide: How to Create A Whatsapp Business Account With A Virtual Number
Enjoy the advantages of having separate WhatsApps on one device with a genuine UK number
That’s it – you’re ready to go! Next you can set up your WhatsApp profile. Include your business name, profile picture (such as a company logo or professional headshot), your business location and a business category. Many users showcase and share their products and services with customers by creating a catalog, visible on your business profile.
There are so many benefits to using dual WhatsApp accounts on a single device, including:
- Saving money. Get all the benefits of having two numbers without needing to purchase additional handsets or pay for costly SIM contracts.
- Privacy. Keep your existing mobile number private and separate out your personal and professional messages, meaning less risk of accidental crossover.
- Better work-life balance. You can set your Business account to silent during your out-of-office hours, meaning that you can protect your precious leisure time to switch off and unwind.
- Business Tools. Make the most of your new Business account and explore all the tools at your disposal, from Quick Replies and Short Links to Contact Labels and Message Statistics. Find out more here: How WhatsApp Business Helps You Connect With Clients.
- Better visibility of messages. When you’re a self-employed contractor or a busy professional, it can be difficult to keep on top of all your incoming messages – a problem that is significantly worse when messages from family, friends, clients and colleagues are all jumbled up together. By separating them out into two apps and using Contact Labels and Auto Replies, you can easily see at a glance which messages you’ve dealt with and which ones you haven’t.
Read more about the advantages of using WhatsApp Business with a second phone number.
👍 Ready to create your new UK number for WhatsApp in just three clicks?
If you found this article helpful and you’re ready to set up your new WhatsApp account with a virtual phone number, visit our Generate page and get started 💬.